By Ryan McCarthy
If any readers find other interesting stories, please comment and let me know.
- ESPN.com’s Mechelle Voepel chronicles Iowa State’s coach Bill Fennelly second battle with cancer and how his signature voice is starting to fill gyms throughout the Big 12 once again.
- Baylor’s coach Kim Mulkey made some flaring comments at Big 12 media day earlier this year about Texas A&M leaving the conference. ESPNW.com’s Michelle Smith explains why Mulkey continues to be fired up as the Lady Bears take on the Aggies this Saturday.
- On Monday, Cheryl Coward of hoopfeed.com shared the video highlights and the website’s Twitter feed from Baylor’s 81-54 blowout of Oklahoma.
- Texas Tech suffered another tough loss on Wednesday when they were edged out by Oklahoma State 53-49. Here’s the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal’s David Just take on the game and what the outcome means for the Red Raiders.
- A nice story by Kathleen Gier of the University Daily Kansan on Kansas assistant coach A’Quonesia Franklin and how she’s helped the Jayhawks’ back court this season.
NOTE: This story will always be from outside the Big 12 women’s athletics.
- This piece came out last Friday, but I wasn’t able to read it until later in the day. A fantastic personal column by Yahoo! Sports Pat Forde on how he can relate to legendary Tennessee coach Pat Summit’s son as he begins to help her battle early-onset dementia, Alzheimer’s Type.