By Ryan McCarthy
If any readers find other interesting stories, please comment and let me know.
- The Ames Tribune’s Ben Gouldsmith on Iowa State 66-47 win over Kansas on Wednesday night. The Cyclone’s Brynn Willamson was the leading force behind the win with 19 points. This game marked the first for the Jayhawks without junior forward Carolyn Davis. She suffered a torn ACL and a dislocated left knee on Sunday against Kansas State.
- Gordon Fieldler, Jr., of the Salina Journal reported that the Bicentennial Center’s basketball court will be named after former Salinan and Oklahoma State head women’s basketball coach Kurt Budke. A really nice gesture by the Salina community.
- On Tuesday, The Texas A&M escaped a trip to Columbia with a 56-52 victory over Missouri. Here’s is aggiesports.com account of the game.
- Oklahoma’s Aaryn Ellenberg helped lead the Sooners over Kansas State on Wednesday. Ellenberg had 12 points in the second half.
NOTE: This story will always be from outside the Big 12 women’s athletics.
- On the Quad, Kerry Bowden of the New York Times dives into how the Delaware have been such a successful mid-major this season. The Blue Hens are ranked No.12 in the nation and their only loss of the season was to Maryland on Dec. 29.