By Ryan McCarthy
If any readers find other interesting stories, please comment and let me know.
- Women’s basketball history was made on Tuesday when the Baylor polished off the first 40-win season ever. Here’s ESPN.com’s Mechelle Voepel’s take on the finish to a great season for the Lady Bears.
- The excellent news did not end for Baylor. Here’s a readout of President Obama’s call with Baylor head coach Kim Mulkey by hoopfeed.com.
- Other big news for the week consisted of the Texas finding a replacement for Gail Goestenkors. The Longhorns dubbed Karen Aston from North Texas as the new leader of the women’s program. The Austin American-Statesman’s Suzanne Halliburton breaks down Aston’s new contract.
- Gofrogs.com announced on Wednesday that Tony Haut will be leaving TCU to join her husband in Ohio, who is currently an assistant coach at Kent State.
NOTE: This story will always be from outside the Big 12 women’s athletics.
- I’m giving out a little dab to some Kansas professors who put together a great piece for the New York TImes. Here’s James K. Gentry and Raquel Meyer Alexander’s analysis on the pay discrepancy between women’s and men’s basketball coaches.