By Ryan McCarthy
If any readers find other interesting stories, please comment and let me know. This week I’m expanding out to other sports a little bit since basketball is starting to wind down.
- The Baylor (32-0) continued its dominance of the Big 12 on Thursday in the Women’s Basketball Tournament Quarterfinals in Kansas City, Mo. The Lady Bears dismantled the Red Raiders of Texas Tech 72-48. Here’s the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal’s take on the game.
- The Kansas City Star’s Randy Covtiz explains how Texas A&M (21-9) defeated Kansas (19-12) 78-63 despite missing their star guard and Kansas City native Tyra White. The Jayhawks are squarely on the bubble going into Monday’s Selection Show.
- An interesting multimedia piece from soonersports.com about the five things to watch out for from the Oklahoma during the Big 12 Tournament. The Sooners are set to square off against the Aggies tonight at Municipal Auditorium at 2:30 p.m. The game can be seen on Fox Sports Network (FSN).
- Softball season is in full swing. Here’s a recap of the Texas Longhorns sneaking by the Texas Tech Red Raiders by the score of 2-1, YNN Austin had this video highlight of the game.
- The University Daily Kansan’s Max Goodwin features the Kansas 4×400-meter relay team as it travels to Boise, Idaho this weekend.
NOTE: This story will always be from outside the Big 12 women’s athletics.
- ESPN.com’s Graham Hays and Mechelle Voepel debate who should be Player of the Year and the All-Americans for women’s college basketball.