By Ryan McCarthy
If any readers find other interesting stories, please comment and let me know.
- Hoopfeed.com had full coverage Baylor’s regular season clinching win over Texas this Tuesday. Here’s Cheryl Coward’s account of the game. Sad side news for the Lady Bears, Shanay Washington suffered her fifth ACL injury of her career in the victory over the Longhorns.
- After it looked like all hope was lost for last week, the Kansas women’s basketball team pulled off a big road victory beating Texas Tech for the first time in Lubbock since 1978. Here’s Kathleen Gier of the University Daily Kansan’s game story about this season-saving win for the Jayhawks.
- On Wednesday, the K-State grabbed a regular season sweep of the Oklahoma State Cowboys by the score of 53-50. The Kansas State Collegian’s Kelly McHugh has the story on how the Wildcats kept their tournament hopes alive.
- Silas Allen, of the Oklahoman reported on the autopsy of the pilot of the Oklahoma State University plane crash earlier this season
- Oklahoma got an important win over Texas A&M so the Sooner could keep pace with the Aggies in the Big 12 Standings. Soonersports.com has some video highlights from the game.
NOTE: This story will always be from outside the Big 12 women’s athletics.
- ESPN.com’s Graham Hays looks into Florida Gulf Coast, a low-major team who’s on the brink of making the NCAA Tournament for the first time in school history.